“Alam mo, I read a little over three weeks or last month na the Americans would – intends to go back to Subic,” President Rodrigo Duterte said in his SONA delivered July 27.
“I will just put on record my thoughts. I have nothing against America, I have nothing against China but if you put bases here, you will double the spectacle of a most destructive thing just like Manila during the Second World War – during the retaking of this city. One of the most devastated cities in the world,” President Duterte said.
“Kaya maglagay-lagay ka ng base at this time, this will ensure if war breaks out, because there would be atomic arsenals brought in, this will ensure the extinction of the Filipino race,” he added.