Nine terrorists died and three more incurred wounds in the ensuing offensives launched by the Joint Task Force Central against the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters and the Abu Torayfie Group in Maguindanao since July 25.
Abdul Mosaiden, Mohammad Satar, Hamid Ekal, Maula Samad, Esmail Kagui Malang, Muner Akbal, Musanep Kabelan and a certain Alimudin were among those neutralized in the spate of focused military operations, and JTF Central is currently validating those reports from the sources.
Local community in the area also revealed that Abdul Mama, Pagayao Sulaiman, and Omar Malayog incurred wounds during the series of deliberate offensives.
Troops engaged in a 10-minute armed confrontation with combined BIFF members and local terrorists in Barangay Dasawao, Shariff Saydona Mustapha at 11am on July 27.
A soldier suffered wounds during said gunfight and received immediate treatment at Camp Siongco Station Hospital.
On July 25, military troops conducted combat operations to thwart hostile plans of BIFF and Abu Toraypie groups in Barangay Dasawao, killing a soldier, identified as Sergeant Ahmad Mahmood.
Western Mindanao Command, led by Lt. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana, condoles with the bereaved family of late Sgt. Mahmood, who gave the ultimate sacrifice and displayed courage in fighting terrorists last week.
“Deliberate offensives against terrorists continue, inflicting more casualties and impeding any hostile plans of terrorists as military troops attempt to penetrate enemy strongholds in Maguindanao,” said Sobejana. “JTF Central troops currently beef up their campaign to pound terrorist groups and neutralize leaders in Central Mindanao.” WESTMINCOM.COM