Nuezca dismissed from service


Master Sergeant Jonel Nuezca, the off-duty cop who was caught on video shooting to death Sonya Gregorio and her son Frank Anthony in Paniqui, Tarlac last month, was dismissed from the service, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Debold Sinas announced on Monday.

“He is meted with administrative penalty of dismissal from service effective today (January 11). This was already implemented by the RD NCRPO (Regional Director, National Capital Region Police Office), Brig. Gen. Vic Danao,” Sinas told reporters in a press briefing at Camp Crame in Quezon City.

Sinas ordered the dismissal after he approved the recommendation of the Internal Affairs Service (IAS).

The IAS recommended the cop’s dismissal due to the two counts of grave misconduct and two counts of conduct unbecoming of an officer, which is an administrative case.

“As to the criminal cases, it is still ongoing,” Sinas said.


IAS Inspector general Alfegar Triambulo earlier said he had recommended Nuezca’s dismissal as probe results revealed his liability on the administrative case leveled against him in connection with the shooting.

Triambulo added that Nuezca’s admission in his position paper that he shot the two victims also served as the basis of their recommendation for dismissal.

Central Luzon police bared recently that Nuezca pleaded not guilty to murder charges filed against him.

He is facing two counts of murder lodged at the Regional Trial Court, Branch 67 of the same town.

The next hearing on his case is on February 4. PNA.GOV.PH