The Philippine National Police is now on full alert upon instruction of DILG Secretary Eduardo M. Año as he condemns the CPP-NPA-NDF for ending the ceasefire with the Philippine government at the height of the nation’s fight against COVID-19.
In response to this, the 205,000 strong PNP under the command of Police General Archie Francisco F Gamboa is now on full alert and is ready and able to defend the country against any atrocities of this communist terrorist group. The PNP Chief also condemns this act by the CPP-NPA-NDF as it endangers government response to overcome the pandemic.
“On top of our duty to implement strict quarantine measures to stop the spread of this pandemic, the PNP assures Filipinos that your police and military are united behind our Commander-in-Chief President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to enforce our mandate to uphold public safety against this communist terrorist group,” said PNP Spokesperson Police Brigadier General Bernard M Banac.
The CPP-NPA-NDF declared ceasefire last March 26, 2020 after the United Nations call for peace amid the COVID-19 Pandemic while government declared ceasefire earlier on March 19, 2020.
“As government condemns this rebellion by the CPP-NPA-NDF as a threat to public safety amid the pandemic; we will continue to uphold the imposition of ECQ in high-risk areas and GCQ in the rest of the country from May 1 to May 15, 2020 based on government guidelines,” said Police Brigadier General Banac. PNP-PIO